WHAT is Resolution?
- Resolution is The Place’s annual festival of new choreography and performance works by emerging artists.
- Resolution exists to support and celebrate work by UK emerging artists. Every year we welcome over 70 UK-based artists to create original work for one of the most exciting and established London performance festivals.
- Artists learn from industry professionals through supportive and practical workshops and present their work at The Place theatre to an audience of up to 288, including industry critics.
- We invite choreographers and companies to propose exciting ideas for new work that they really believe in.
- Resolution nights in the theatre are triple bills featuring three different companies' shows.
WHERE is Resolution held?
Resolution takes place at The Place, London’s creative powerhouse for dance development.
The Place has been leading the way in dance training, creation and performance for over 50 years. In a changing landscape, our mission for the future remains steadfast: we are powering imagination through dance, championing new ideas, embracing risks and creating optimal conditions for dance artists and enthusiasts to realise their full potential.
The Place theatre is a 288-seat black box theatre. Resolution features end on performances and performances in the round.
Who can apply to take part?
- Any UK-based artists working in live performance who have new ideas to share can take part.
- Dance, dance theatre, physical theatre, hip hop, South Asian dance, circus and live art are all welcomed at Resolution.
- This is The Place’s biggest open call and the panel read hundreds of applications. What they want to know is who you are and what your idea is.
- We are looking for ideas for works that are 15 - 25 minutes in length and we are interested in choreographers who really want to take part in the journey of Resolution, from learning and refining your skills through the tailored workshops, to promoting and performing your work at the festival.
Who can’t apply?
- Anyone outside the UK
- Anyone who will still be in full-time education at the time of the festival
- Any youth companies or anyone under 18yrs.
When is the next Resolution?
The next Resolution will take place from 17 January - 9 February 2024.
How can I apply to take part in Resolution?
Applications for Resolution 2024 are now open. Please visit the Call Out for more information and how to apply.
Deadline to apply isat 6pm on Fri 1 Sep 2023.