The LCDS Summer School is a chance to experience life at LCDS, the undergraduate course, take classes and get to know our current students and faculty. Booking opens in April and the course will be held end of July or beginning of August.
Our Summer School takes place in The Place building in central London. There are practical classes all led by our world-leading facilitators, insights into course modules, time to chat with students, Q&As with course leaders, information about our application process and Visa & IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) guidance.
Dance classes throughout the week:
- Contemporary/ release based-technique with Baptiste Bourgougnon (Director of Undergraduate Studies and International Relations).
- Body percussion with Omari Carter (Lecturer in Dance)
- Gaga with Chisato Ohno (Lecturer in Dance)
- Improvisation with Sasha Roubicek (Year Group 3 Coordinator and Lecturer in Dance)
- Dance filmmaking / screendance with Omari Carter (Lecturer in Dance)
- Cunningham-based technique with Kate Price (Lecturer in Dance)
- Break dancing with Omari Carter (Lecturer in Dance)
- Workshop with LCDS 2022 graduate Daisy King
- Tour of The Place
- Q&A with current LCDS students and faculty
- Trip outside The Place
The LCDS Summer School is aimed at people aged 16 years + and for those who are thinking of applying to the undergraduate course at London Contemporary Dance School.
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions about the LCDS Summer School.