We offer fun and creative dance workshops for Primary and Secondary schools, that can take place in our building, or at your school, drawing on our expertise and passion for dance to deliver memorable and engaging sessions for your students.
We offer projects that can be developed from any starting point or topic, that allow subject learning to happen outside of a traditional classroom setting and enhance it in exciting ways. It can also lead to the creation of performance work if desired. Alternatively, we can offer a range of technique classes and/or creative workshops.
In all my (many!) years of teaching, this has been one of the most memorable and exciting experiences.
Year 5 teacher and Assistant Head, St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School
We have two packages that you can select from:
This is our standard package which includes a visit to The Place, up to 3 hours of dance activity, a tour of the building, a talk and a Q&A about all that we do. This takes places within term time (17 April '22 to 7 July '23). We cannot offer this package outside of term time.
We discuss a plan to offer workshops or projects at your school/institution.
upto 2 hour session: £200
upto 4 hour session: £400
We may be able to provide some financial assistance if the budget is a challenge for your school. Please get in touch to discuss this at email@example.com
Arts Award is a nationally recognised qualification that supports anyone up to 25 years old to grow as an artist and an arts leader. It has five levels, four of which (Explore, Bronze, Silver, Gold) are accredited qualifications on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). Arts Award Discover is an introductory level.
The Place can support you in gaining your Bronze and Silver Arts Award through discovering dance. Here’s how:
- If you’re looking to explore the arts an audience member or review an arts event, you can download our free reviewing template and check out our shows.
- If you’re looking to explore the arts as a participant or develop your practical skills through an arts challenge, see our exciting Children & Youth Dance classes.
We’re ready to support schools and teachers to inspire and nurture pupils’ creativity and self-expression, and to develop their artistic skills, knowledge and understanding.
Whether you’re thinking about starting your school’s Artsmark journey or are looking to enhance your existing arts provision to achieve a higher award, we offer a vibrant range of ways to engage with dance to suit your needs.
Our Teachers’ professional development, creative dance projects and low-cost opportunities to see a show help your school fulfil the Artsmark criteria as follows:
- Our whole-school INSET or CPD sessions are the best way to ensure that all teachers are developing dance within the school. We offer bespoke sessions to meet your needs, from exploring the basics of creative dance teaching to developing technique and choreographic skills.
- Curriculum-linked creative dance projects help pupils to develop as dance makers and performers, whilst underpinning key concepts and ideas from other subject areas and topics. All of our projects lead to performance outcomes and are delivered by professional dance artists.
- When your pupils see a show at The Place they experience world-class contemporary dance live and up-close. We also offer a free downloadable Arts Award review booklet to support your pupils on their own journey of arts exploration.
- Primary schools in our home borough of Camden can apply to become Partner Schools to receive a year-long package of activity at a heavily subsided price.
Book your school visit now
For any queries or to find out about theatre shows suitable for school groups please get in touch with us.