All prospective overseas students, including EU, EEA and Swiss nationals coming to the UK to study with us, will need to apply for a visa through Student route.

If you are applying to study on the MA Dance: Participation, Communities, Activism, and are an overseas student, you can study without requiring a student visa (as long as you are not resident in the UK in the times in between the two-week intensives), however may need to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa. Check the distance learning section here. Students studying on this course will be unable to get a Student Visa, and therefore will be unable to live in the UK for the duration of the course.

Please check the Home Office website to see how much a Student Visa costs. You also pay the Immigration Health Surcharge as part of your application, which gives migrants access to the UK’s National Health Service and you receive a 25% discount.

You can apply up to 6 months in advance of your course starting. If applying from within the UK you can apply 3 months in advance of course starting. Further guidance for EU, EEA and Swiss students can be found here.

Student Route

Student route is a points-based immigration system. You need to demonstrate you meet the required 70 points by:

  • Demonstrating an offer from an approved educational institution
  • Have been issued a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) by your sponsor before making an application to the Student route
  • Meet the required English proficiency
  • Are able to support yourself during their studies in the UK

Some countries qualify for differentiation arrangements however, the Home Office may request this paperwork at any point during the process. It is therefore essential you have this in place at the point of applying for the Visa. You will not qualify for differentiation arrangements if you are applying from outside of your home country.

What will I need to apply?
  • You need to have a valid passport
  • You need to have proof of academic qualification, this will need to be a formal transcript of confirmed grades
  • You need proof of English proficiency (IELTS, BAs require a minimum of 6.0 on the academic paper with no area below 5.5. MAs require a minimum of 6.5 on the academic paper with no are below 6.0)
  • You need proof of finance by demonstrating that you have the funds to cover all of the tuition fees and a minimum of 9 months of maintenance. These funds must be within your or your parents bank account for 28 consecutive days. If you are relying on your parent(s)' funds you will also need to include the following:
  • Letter of consent from your parent(s)/ carer
  • Your birth certificate

If your documents are not in English you will need to submit translations of these documents.

Get in touch

If you have any questions or would would like more information about the visa application process, please email Student Support.