BA (Hons) Contemporary Dance

£9,250 – UK Home Fee
£19,850 – Overseas Fee

If you are new to higher education, and paying Home fees, remember you will not have to pay anything upfront and you may be eligible for financial support from LCDS.


MA Expanded Dance Practice

£9,450 – UK Home Fee
£22,150 – Overseas Fee

MA Screendance

£10,100 – UK Home Fee
£23,000 – Overseas Fee


Postgraduate students

Please provide a deposit of £1500 within 14 days of the date of the offer, in order to secure your place.

Undergraduate students paying overseas fees

Please provide a deposit of £1500 within 14 days of the date of the offer, in order to secure your place.

Undergraduate students not obtaining a UK tuition fee loan

Please provide a deposit of £1500 within 14 days of the date of the offer, in order to secure your place.

The Tuition Fee Deposit is held against payment of your tuition fees and is not normally refundable, except within the 14-day cooling off period from submitting your acceptance form, for more information please refer to Course Deposit Policy.

Undergraduate students who will be applying for a UK Tuition Fee Loan (i.e. from Student Finance England, SAAS etc)

You will not need to pay the deposit fee, all other terms and conditions remain the same.

Funds and bursaries available to you

The Student Fund

The Student Fund has been developed to support and relieve some of the financial pressures students face, making it possible to enroll and remain on our courses. It is open to any registered student whether undergraduate, postgraduate, home or overseas status.

From 2022 to 2023 you will be invited to apply to the Student Fund at point of your interview, or workshop. If you receive an offer of a place on a course, you will also receive an indication of the extra funding you could receive once you have accepted your place and formally registered with us.

In 2021 - 2022 The Student Fund supported 93 students to the amount of around £150,000.

LCDS Bursary

The LCDS bursary is an income assessed bursary available to UK students whose household income is under £42,000.

If you wish to be considered for a LCDS Bursary you need to complete an application to Student Finance England (or its equivalent) as early as possible in order to be income assessed. The bursary is awarded on a sliding scale and you could be awarded between £500-£1,500 per year for each year of training.

You can apply to Student Finance for income assessment even if you are not eligible for a loan, or do not wish to apply for a loan.

Postgraduate Masters Loan

If you’re starting a master’s degree and from England, you could get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan to help with course fees and living costs. Visit the government website, where it also outlines loans available to you if you are from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Government grants and loans for undergraduates

Tuition fee loan

If you are living in England and this is your first degree you can apply for financial support from Student Finance England.

You can apply for:

  • A tuition fee loan
  • A maintenance loan (to help with living costs)

You will need to reapply for each year of your course.

Maintenance loan

All English students can apply for a basic student loan to help with living costs, no matter what their household income. Students living away from home in London may borrow up to £12,382 depending on the family income.

Loan repayments

If you take out a tuition fee loan and/or a maintenance loan from Student Finance England, you will not have to repay anything until after you have graduated and are earning a minimum salary.

Key facts about repayments:

  • You will only repay 9% of what you earn above the repayment earnings threshold
  • Student loans are not recorded on your credit rating file.
  • The current repayment thresholds are £524 a week or £2,274 a month (before tax and other deductions). They change in April every year.

For more information, visit the Student Finance page on repaying your student loan.

The MoneySavingExpert website has a useful summary of how student loans work.

For more information and to apply for financial support, visit the Student Finance England website.

Students from Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales

If you are a student from Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales you can apply for financial support from the Scottish Government, the Welsh Assembly Government or the Northern Ireland Executive.

Click on the links below for information for:

Bursary for care leavers and estranged students

Care leavers or estranged students can access additional support, and may be eligible to receive a cash bursary of £1,000 per year of study. Students can self-identify as a care leaver or estranged from their family and can disclose this at any point during the application process or during their studies.

This bursary is available to eligible home fee students on the undergraduate higher education course.

For any questions or further information please email Student Support

US Federal student loans

Student Guide to Direct Loans from the US Department of Education

We participate in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program. These downloadable guides below outline the types of loans available, how to apply for them and when and how they are disbursed.

Direct Loan Program offers loans from the U.S. Department of Education (the Department), lending the money directly to you through us.

There are also some differences in the names of the loans.

  • The FFEL Program’s Federal Stafford Loans (subsidized and unsubsidized) are called Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans
  • The FFEL Program’s Federal PLUS Loan is called a Direct PLUS Loan in the Direct Loan Program.