Our theatre is extremely busy presenting over 120 performances a year but it is occasionally available for use by private hirers for public performances and private events.
Hiring our theatre, you will benefit from:
- comfortable and modern auditorium that can accommodate up to 288 people in ‘end on’ configuration, raked to a stage 15 metres wide and 12 metres deep, wall to wall.
- flexible theatre space with retractable seats for different configurations*
- fully licensed bar and event areas
- technical and front of house support from our highly experienced in-house team
- services from basic AV equipment to complex fit-ups, sound and lighting design and operation*
- use of two backstage dressing rooms
- experienced Film Directors to hire to capture your performance*
- Wi-Fi internet access throughout the building
- fully staffed box office
- passenger lift to all floors
- a fully accessible building, including accessible toilets and showers
*Extra charges may apply
Please note that if your project involves under 18s you will need to have the requisite chaperones with DBS clearance to work with young people and child-performance licences from the local council.
Get in touch
Drop us a line for all enquiries regarding hiring our theatre.
what's not included?
Marketing: we will accept flyers for your production or event for display within the building but will not be able to distribute your publicity material or send press releases or listings to the press.
Entry into our print and website: it is not possible to list hirers’ events in our print. Listings on our website are to be negotiated as part of your hire.
Extra equipment, gobos, and lighting gels: should you require a piece of equipment, gobo or gel colour not included in the technical specification you will need to order and pay for these yourselves.
Piano tuning: If you wish to use our piano and require it to be tuned there is a charge of £60 +VAT.
Lighting and Sound Design: Whilst our technical team are happy to advise we cannot be responsible for the design of either sound or lighting for your production. It is expected that a lighting plan and plot is provided by the hirer.
Insurance: The Place carries insurance against any incident for which we are liable. We strongly advise that a hirer carries their own insurance to cover any incident or damage both to The Place or any third parties staff or property.
Copyrights and Licences: Any visiting companies must take responsibility for (and indemnify The Theatre against) all necessary licenses or permissions, and pay all copyright royalties, and all Authors’ and Composers’ fees or other fees in respect thereof.
Smoking and alcohol: Smoking and the consumption of alcohol is not allowed in the dressing rooms and anywhere in the back stage area. We do not allow the sale of alcohol, food or drink by a hirer.
Front of House: All ushering and ticket collection for fire count remains within the control of the venue.
Space availability does not guarantee that your performance will be presented. The Place retains the right to refuse any hire.
Please note that as soon as any booking is confirmed, cancellation fees will apply.