- Closing date
- Mon 1st Jan 2024 12:00pm
Are you 15-18 years old and interested in a career in the creative industries?
Do you attend school or college in Camden?
The Place Work Experience programme is open to young people who live and learn in our home borough. If you have an interest in the performing arts and want to find out more about a range of potential careers within the industry, we’d love to hear from you.
We normally offer Work Experience placements in the months of October, November, February, March, May and June.
To apply please send a completed application form (located at the bottom of this page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
During your Work Experience placement week you’ll spend time with a range of different teams to gain insight into how a world-leading arts organisation works. You’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from some or all of the following teams:
- Theatre and Artist Development (TAD) - this department is responsible for producing and programming the performances, events and workshops that happen at The Place as well as some of our touring productions.
- Communications- the Communications team at The Place are responsible for creating and distributing materials which help us to tell our audiences about what we do. This covers our website, press and marketing and social media for everything that happens within the building.
- Creative Learning- the Creative Learning team is responsible for developing innovative education and engagement projects for both in and beyond The Place.
- Classes and Courses - this team is responsible for scheduling and programming the wide range of recreational dance classes and activities we run at The Place.
- Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) - our centre for advanced training is one of eight in the country that provide pre-vocational training to students aged 11-18 years.
- London Contemporary Dance School (LCDS) - LCDS is The Place’s world class dance conservatoire offering both undergraduate and post-graduate degree programmes in dance.
- Costume- Our Costume Department is part of LCDS and is responsible for creating and maintaining the costumes you may see if you have already seen or are able to see an LCDS performance.
- Development- As a charity, The Place receives donations from many different businesses, funds, trusts and individual donors. The development department are responsible for creating and administrating funding applications and received donations to the organisation.
- Administration and Finance- the Administration and Finance department at The Place underpins all the events that happen in the building. The department covers Finance, Human Resources, Space Bookings (for studio hire and administration), Maintenance (for the upkeep of the building) and Reception (the first point of call for all visitors to the building).